Google today is launching a new app, Read Along, that aims to help elementary school students practice their reading skills and stay educationally engaged amid school closures due to coronavirus. The new Android app is based on Google’s existing application, Bolo, which launched in India last year with a catalog of read-along stories in both English and Hindi. The updated and rebranded version is now globally available with support for nine languages.
Learn To Read Google Apps 2022
|Apps Name||Learn To Read|
|Download Read Along Apps||Click Here|
Like Bolo, Read Along leverages Google’s speech recognition and text-to-speech to help kids learn to read.
The app includes a built-in reading assistant named Diya. As kids read aloud, Diya detects if the child is struggling with a passage and can jump in with positive reinforcement or help. At any time, the child can ask Diya to help them read a sentence or pronounce a word they don’t know.
As children progress in the app, they’re presented with mini word games and earn in-app prizes as they improve their skills.
Learn To Read with google
Read Along (formerly Bolo) is a free and fun speech based reading tutor app designed for children aged 5 and above.
It helps them improve their reading skills in English and many other languages (Hindi, Bangla, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Spanish & Portuguese) by encouraging them to read aloud interesting stories and collect stars and badges together with “Diya”, the friendly in app assistant.
Diya listens to children when they read and offers realtime positive feedback when they read well and helps them out when they get stuck – even when offline & without data!
How to use Google’s Read Along app
• Works Offline : Once downloaded, it works offline, so it does not use any data.
• Safe : Since the app is made for children, there are no ads, and all sensitive information stays only on the device.
• Free: The app is completely free to use and has a vast library of books with different reading levels from Pratham Books, Katha Kids & Chhota Bheem, with new books added regularly.
• Games: Educational games within the app, make the learning experience fun.
• In-App Reading Assistant: Diya, the in-app reading assistant helps children read out loud and provides positive reinforcement when they read correctly, and help wherever they get stuck.
• Multi Child Profile: Multiple children can use the same app and create their individual profiles to track their own progress.
• Personalized: The app recommends the right level of difficulty books to each child depending on their reading level.